Port Arthur Local Services
Port Arthur ArticlesGenerally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Port Arthur site Articles, Login to create your Ads, Articles and Events in any Australian Town or City.
Got something to say? A Great Strategy is to create your content here first and THEN like it to your Social Media Groups. Get it?
Port Arthur Photo GalleryA Compilation of network Member Photos tagged in Port Arthur When you ad your Articles, Ads and Events you can Nominate your Photo to appear in a Gallery. Member Photo's will automatically Backlink to your Website or Social Media Services. Generally Visitors arrive from Search Services directly to the Photos and may click through to visit your Business or Community website. A Strategy to boost visitors to your website or service is to write Great Article and include your Photos in a Gallery
Singles and Dating
Port Arthur Singles and DatingThe Make a Heart service is being developed by the Australian Regional Network for Port Arthur Residents, you can also try our other Dating Services on this link for 18-25's and Seniors Dating 50+
Port Arthur ChatRemember the days of the CB Radio? Not many do.. Old Style Chat Rooms accross your Town, State and Nationally.. A Free Service for Port Arthur and a Place to Meet
The portarthur.tas.guide Odd Spot
Interesting facts about Port Arthur
Interesting Facts about Port Arthur, Tasmania, Australia
Port Arthur is a historic site that is located in the Tasman Peninsula of Tasmania, Australia. Here are some interesting facts about this town:
1. Port Arthur served as a convict settlement from 1830 to 1877. During this time, it was considered as one of the harshest places for prisoners in the world.
2. Port Arthur was closed as a convict settlement in 1877, and it was turned into a tourist attraction in the 20th century. Today, it is one of Australia's most visited tourist destinations.
3. The Port Arthur Historic Site is a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 2010.
4. Port Arthur is home to the Isle of the Dead, which is a small island located near the town's harbor. This island served as a final resting place for more than 1,000 convicts and their families.
5. The town got its name from George Arthur, who served as the Governor of Tasmania from 1824 to 1836.
6. The Most Haunted Ghost Tour takes visitors on a spooky tour through the town's historic sites, including the Port Arthur Penitentiary and the Parsonage. It is considered to be one of the most popular ghost tours in the world.
7. The Tasmanian Devil Unzoo is located in Port Arthur. This zoo is known for its conservation work on Tasmanian devils, which are endemic to Tasmania.
8. Port Arthur is surrounded by some of the most stunning coastline in Australia, including the Three Capes Track, which is a 46-kilometer walking trail that passes stunning cliff faces, rocky shorelines, and lush forests.
9. The town hosts the annual Port Arthur Festival, which celebrates its rich history and culture. The festival features live music, food stalls, and activities for all ages.
10. Port Arthur is a popular location for filming movies and television shows. The town served as a filming location for the movie "The Hunter" and the TV series "The Kettering Incident.